Monday, March 28, 2011

Mirror Images

In my room I have a dresser with a mirror over it. For some reason I cannot keep this dresser clean (I'm pretty sure I get it from my dad). Anyway, as I was cleaning it off this morning, I caught myself telling jokes in the mirror...to myself. I started making funny faces and proceeded to laugh and tell myself that I'm funny. It was weird. And I acknowledged that to myself in the mirror, of course.

Tonight, like most nights, I was holding up a small mirror so that Reed could look at himself. He's usually looking for dry skin or pimples or something that is bugging him. But tonight I was watching him and I noticed that he wasn't trying to spot any imperfections at all. He was simply making funny faces at himself.

The great thing is that in so many ways we're all the same. Exactly the same.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - I resemble that remark. And if you take minute to look, a lot of that stuff belongs to your mother!!!

    ReplyDelete