Thursday, June 3, 2010

Welcome to Bahston

Well, I came home from school and I decided to quit my job at the campus mail in hopes that I would find a job closer to my house but that plan epically failed. I applied at a couple of places and then just hung out with my mom waiting to hear back about those jobs. Then, one magical day one of my neighbors told me about a job opportunity in Boston to help out her brother, Reed, who is paralyzed from the neck down. So, instead of staying close to home, I hopped on a plane and moved to Massachusetts for a year. I live in Reed's house with him and his parents. His brother and sister-in-law have been here for the past year and a half and are training me for a couple of days until they move back to Provo. I've only been here a couple of days but it has been really fun so far. I've been to four states since I got here and I've been able to see some cool things. Reed has been really patient and gracious as I've been learning his care and I'm really grateful for the opportunity I've been given to try something new.
This is my new home and it's beautiful. All the houses here are pretty incredible and the trees never end. Right behind the house is what looks like miles of trees.
We went to a little tourist town called Rockport. It's right on the coast and they have hundreds of cute little shops. The weather was perfect and we spent the entire day eating treats. Beautiful. We bought a whole box of fudge, ate pie and ice cream and hot chocolate for dinner, bought another box of salt water taffies and for lunch I had a raspberry ice cream cone dipped in "jimmies". It was wicked awesome. And I don't know why this is blue...


This was just at the end of one of the roads with all the shops so Kent, Kayla and I ran out to the end and put our feet in the water. It was really quite neaky, an adjective that has a meaning only a few would know. Right on the other side of the rock wall are probably 50 lobster cages and there are several little restaurants that serve lobster straight from the ocean. We ate pie instead.

I saw a bunch of other people taking pictures in front of this red house so I figured it must be important but I have no clue what it is. Looks cool, though! It was a wonderful day in Rockport.

No comments:

Post a Comment