Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lessons Learned

every night is a struggle for me. should i go to sleep? or should i stay awake? it seems like there's no compromise: if i sleep i'll have a better day, but if i stay awake i know i'll hear reed if he needs me. during my prayers the other day i realized that the only way i could be successful was with Heavenly Father's help. previously, i had been praying that i would be able to hear reed during the night but this night i decided to change my prayer a little. i asked to have faith that Heavenly Father would make everything work. that i would know that He's looking over reed and He'll keep him safe. all i have to do is trust that if reed needs me, Heavenly Father will direct me in what to do.
when i was six, my dad took me on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at disneyland and he even let me drive! i was really happy to drive until we went through a tunnel and i couldn't see. i thought that we were going to crash. dad told me not to worry, we would be alright. again, i was afraid of the dark. but, maybe that's the point. Heavenly Father knows it's dark and scary but He wants us to trust Him. we have to be willing to say "ok, even though i'm afraid of that, i'll do it, because i know you'll help me". we have to walk a little into the dark, out of our comfort zone, into the unknown, and trust that Heavenly Father is directing us.
every night i have to put my faith in Him and believe that if i need to, He'll help me wake up because He is watching over me. but then i was thinking that it's bigger than that. sometimes i feel like i don't know where my life is going or what lies ahead but i have to believe that He knows the path in front of me even when it looks dark to me. i made it through the tunnel in Mr. Toad's Wild Road and i'll make it through any other dark tunnels He sends me through.

i guess that's just what i was thinking about this week so i thought i'd share it..

take note that i was not the only child who was scarred by Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience, only on the Dumbo ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I needed the reminder. I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete