Monday, January 3, 2011

HELP

Dear Readers,

I have this really, REALLY amazing opportunity to go to Africa this summer! I'm going to be spending three months in Uganda with a non-profit organization called HELP International. We'll be implementing programs to help the people there to be able to provide for themselves and to find their way out of poverty. Some of the projects I'm hoping to be involved in are building adobe stoves and square-foot gardens and helping out in the local orphanages. I'm really hoping that the experience will be rewarding for the people that I'll be meeting there and for me as I learn from people who live completely different lives than mine. The problem is that it's actually quite expensive to make this happen and I need to help to fund raise all of the money. If you would be willing to donate HERE I would be extremely grateful. You can donate as little as $3 and every little bit counts. If you want to send a check or cash, you can send it to HELP Headquarters (you can find the address at their website listed below). If you want the donation to go towards my account, just be sure to include my name and the country (Haley Eldredge--Uganda) in the comment section or leave a note in your envelope. Even if you just help spread the word for me, I would love you forever!


2010 Impact:
*       8410 served with visual health through screenings, eyeglasses and cataract surgeries
*       5424 people taught Nutrition, Hygiene, Sex-Education and general Community Health lessons
*       4036 helped through AIDS advocacy activities
*       Construction of various Health and Sanitation Facilities, Classrooms, illiterate-friendly Hospital signs, Mushroom Homes and Chick Farms benefitting thousands
*       872 involved in improved Literacy and English campaigns
*       836 students empowered through Music, Drama, Art and Soccer Camps
*       674 taught skills related to Leadership, Computers and Conflict Resolution
*       465 school children taught Drug Education
*       293 trained on Square-foot Gardening and Vermicomposting with 158 Gardens built
*       160 trained, 58 Adobe Stoves built
*       148 trained for improved Micro-Finance loaning and Business Consulting
*       69 Special Needs Children and teachers engaged in therapy and learning activities as well as 17 empowerment themed wall Murals painted
*       38 Lepers given care and attention
*       29 trained on Bee-Keeping ventures
*       1 Recycling Program implemented




Thank you so much for your support! 

Love, Haley   

HELP International
455 N. University Ave.
#212
Provo, UT 84601

2 comments:

  1. Hey. Just wanted you to know that we sent ours in, and Paula got a match for our donation through her company. I'm not sure you're getting credit for it, but you should. Check and see... if there's anything we need to do to make sure it does, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lloyd and Paula, Thank you so much! That means so much to me. Thank you for always supporting me. I'll let you know if it doesn't show up, but I'm grateful either way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete