Sunday, October 16, 2011

I have this really annoying alarm. I also have this roommate, Kristi, whom I share a bathroom with. Lately I've been noticing a strange trend in Kristi's bathroom habits. For some reason, every morning, as soon as my alarm goes off Kristi races to the bathroom. Sometimes she will even walk right past me as I'm heading straight for the toilet and go in front of me. At first I was kind of annoyed, but today I started thinking that maybe Kristi wasn't taking over the bathroom maliciously, but maybe there is some other reason she's been acting this way. Classical Conditioning. Ever heard of it? I think I may have a mild case of it here and you know what I plan to do? Turn Kristi Kristi right into my very own little Pavlovian dog, I tell you. A little social experiment in my very own bedroom.
So here's how it's going to go down. From here on out, every time Kristi goes to the bathroom I'm going to play my alarm. Also, I'm going to keep a little jar of candy on my desk. After Kristi goes to the bathroom, and I play my alarm, Kristi gets a treat.
Just you wait, a few weeks of this and pretty soon, she'll be peeing her pants every time she hears my alarm. Not only that, but she'll be expecting a treat, too.
This is going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment